Please note: Information in this post is not meant as a substitute for veterinary care. Always consult your veterinarian in an emergency.
- You saw your pet contact something hot.
- Singed fir.
- Red and Inflamed skin.
- Flush the area with cool water for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Small dogs can be placed in a sink. Use a water bottle for larger dogs.
- Call your vet and take your dog to the vet.
- Do not apply ointment.
- Do not delay veterinary attention.
- Do not remove burned hair or skin yourself.
- Burns should be addressed immediately and can be life-threatening.