Please note: Information in this post is not meant as a substitute for veterinary care. Always consult your veterinarian in an emergency.
- DO NOT remove the object. You can cut it down to about 2-4 inches
- Restrain the dog as appropriate.
- Build pads up around the object to support the object and then apply a thick padding of bandages or clean cloth around it. Make sure that there is as little pressure as possible on the object.
- You want to do whatever you are able to prevent the object from moving.
- Go to the vet right away.
- Have another person hold support the object and restrain the dog.